Black Log Timber Screws Benefits & Features:
- Heat-treated hardened steel for high tensile strength and high shear strength.
- ACQ Compatible 1000 hr. Ruspert coating in an attractive matte black finish useful with many brands of outdoor or indoor decorative hardware.
- 5/16" Tapered Self-Countersinking Hex Head for fast and easy installation.
- Possible replacement for 3/8" lag screws and potentially larger and is approved for use in ACQ pressure treated lumber.
- Type 17 tip for faster precise starts which eliminates “walking”. Provides for easy insertion without pre-drilling.
- Aggressive thread for greater withdrawal strength.
- Structural Hex Head Screw backed by certified independent testing (TER 1907-02). Average Ultimate Load: 1,085 lbf (Shear 725 lbf).
- International Building Code and International Residential Code Compliant.
- 6" Black Log (BL) screws are a great alternative to labor intensive hurricane clips - for rafter or truss to double-top plate applications, the 6" BL can easily be installed at a 15-30° angle and is a code-compliant.
- Thread Dia: .258 • Head Dia: .487 • Shank Dia: .189
Log Construction • Timber Frames • Truss Hold-Down • Laminated Beams
• Ledger Boards • Landscape Timbers • Deck Posts • Fencing